Fantasy Golf Picks and Predictions for the 2014 RBC Heritage April 17th – 20th, 2014
With another spectacular Masters Tournament behind us, the TOUR now resumes normal play and heads to Hilton Head, SC for the RBC Heritage. Graeme McDowell will try to defend his title this week as he searches for 500 FedExCup points and his first win since last year’s event – McDowell has notched five Top 10s since November 2013. The usual suspects like Kuchar, Spieth, Donald, and Reed will be back on our television screens to take on Harbour Town Golf Links as most of the rest of last week’s Masters field taking a much-needed week off.
Harbour Town Golf Links measures in at 7,101 yards and plays as a par 71. This track was Jack Nicklaus’ first attempt at course design when he teamed up with Pete Dye to bring this beauty to life. The course is one of the shortest tracks (in yardage) on the PGA TOUR but certainly remains a challenge. The fairways are extremely narrow and small. The greens are also tricky with little margin for error, with only laser-like approach shots leading to those coveted birdies. The now-famous red-and-white lighthouse stands tall behind the 18th green and sits as a landmark for this gem of a course.
Weather Forecast for Hilton Head, SC (from weather.com)
- Round 1: Thursday (April 17) 75 degrees, 0% chance of rain, sunny.
- Round 2: Friday (April 18) 78 degrees, 0% chance of rain, partly cloudy.
- Round 3: Saturday (April 19) 81 degrees, 10% chance of rain, mostly sunny.
- Round 4: Sunday (April 20) 83 degrees, 0% chance of rain, partly cloudy.
Despite swirling winds Graeme McDowell emerged victorious to claim his second PGA TOUR win after beating Webb Simpson in a playoff. McDowell made par on the first playoff hole after coming back from a previous four-shot deficit and finishing with a 2-under-par 69. The Irishman could have won on the 72nd hole but missed a 13-foot par save which opened the door for Simpson. Shortly after, Simpson had a his own chance to seal the deal but missed his long birdie attempt to close with a 71. Luke Donald tied for third, which marked his fourth top-3 finish at Harbour Town in the last 5 years. There is no doubt that he’ll be on our radar again this week.
Masters Week certainly did not disappoint! Our picks for the season’s first major brought in a total of $2,679,660 in fantasy earnings with four out of seven picks finishing in the top ten. Not to mention the fact that one of our picks, Bubba Watson, rode out of Augusta wearing a second Green Jacket. As we said, Bubba’s game has been exactly where he needed it to be, and he certainly validated our speculation that the now two time champ has the ability to “crank up the dial for big events.”
This week be sure to look out for a couple of guys looking for a taste of redemption, specifically Spieth and Kuchar. As everyone knows by now Spieth lost his grip on a two shot lead to finish runner up last week at the Masters. Similarly, Kuch lost his bid to with the Shell Houston Open on the 72nd hole. We’re certain that both will be out to grab a win and get the monkey off their back.
- Television Broadcasts
- Thursday-Friday, 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET (Golf Channel)
- Saturday 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (Golf Channel) 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (CBS)
- Radio Broadcasts
- Thursday- Sunday, 2:00 p.m. ET (PGA TOUR Radio on Sirius XM and PGATOUR.com).
- Mobile Broadcasts
- Simultaneous coverage on the Golf Live Extra mobile app by Golf Channel.
Our Top 5 (and Top 2 Sleeper) Fantasy Picks and Odds to Win The 2014 RBC Heritage
You must be a Premium Member to view our exclusive fantasy golf picks.
Already a member? Sign in Here.
Last Week’s Results: Top 5 Picks/Odds to Win the 2014 Masters
- Adam Scott (Golficity Odds 8/1): T14 $148,500
- Matt Kuchar (Golficity Odds 12/1): T5 $342,000
- Jason Day (Golficity Odds 18/1): T20 $101,160
- Bubba Watson (Golficity Odds 25/1): Winner $1,620,000
- Rory McIlroy (Golficity Odds 28/1): T8 $234,000
Last Week’s Results: Sleeper Picks/Odds to Win the 2014 Masters
- Phil Mickelson (Golficity Odds 40/1): MC
- Jimmy Walker (Golficity Odds 50/1): T8 $234,000
Fantasy Golf Predictions Stats: Season to Date
- Total Fantasy Dollars: $18,414,135 (Average tournament winnings of $1,227,609).
- Winners picked: 4 winners selected out of 15 tournaments (26.66% winners picked in 2014).
- Top 10s: 40 out of 105 players picked (38.09% of players picked finished in Top 10).
- Top 3s: 12 out of 105 players picked (11.42% players picked finished in the Top 3).
- Missed Cuts: Only 11 out of 105 players (89.523% of the picks made the cut in 2014).
- Major Winners Picked: 1 out of 1 (100%)
What are your fantasy picks and predictions for this week’s 2014 RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links? Let us know by leaving your comments below.