Fantasy Golf Picks and Predictions for the 2014 Zurich Classic
Fantasy Golf Picks and Predictions for the 2014 Zurich Classic April 24th – 27th, 2014
This week the PGA TOUR heads to Louisiana for the latest edition of the Zurich Classic. Billy Horschel hasn’t made too much noise this year, but he’s certainly geared up to defend his title.
— Billy Horschel (@BillyHo_Golf) April 21, 2014
The Zurich has been known to produce big breakthrough victories from “no-namers” with six of the last nine winners of this event earning their first PGA TOUR win. Like Horschel last year and Dufner in 2012, many new faces will be in the field this week hoping to hoist the tournament trophy for the first time. But winning won’t be a walk in the park, as big names like Fowler, Rose, and Bradley will also be in attendance to try and add to their impressive resumes.
Patrick Reed, who was recently bumped to No.4 in the FedExCup standings thanks to Matt Kuchar, will be in the field this week along with seven other 2014 PGA TOUR winners. Justin Rose (No.11 in the world rankings) has the highest world ranking in the field this week, but we all know that doesn’t mean much nowadays when it comes to predicting a single tournament win. Overall it’s a thin field this week with most players resting up and recharging in the coming weeks before the Players Championship kicks off in May.
TPC Louisiana measures in at 7,399 yards and plays as a par 72. The course was built on the outset of western New Orleans and is a true test for any skill level. This 2004 Pete Dye design is carved into roughly 250 acres of Louisiana wetlands along the Mississippi River and presents a lot of danger, including over 100 bunkers and several large waste bunker areas along the first six holes of the back nine. This event was relocated to TPC Louisiana back in 2005 and in each of the past two years; it’s ranked as the sixth-easiest layout among PGA TOUR locations.
Weather Forecast at TPC Louisiana (from weather.com)
- Round 1: Thursday (April 24) 79 degrees, 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy.
- Round 2: Friday (April 25) 80 degrees, 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy.
- Round 3: Saturday (April 26) 80 degrees, 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy.
- Round 4: Sunday (April 27) 80 degrees, 10% chance of rain, isolated T-storms.
In 2013 Billy Horschel patiently played and waited through two final-round weather delays to eventually win his first PGA TOUR event. The young talent narrowly escaped and even longer wait by draining a 27-foot birdie putt at No.18 to win outright by just one stroke over D.A. Points. After climbing back from a 2-shot deficit to start the day, Horschel knocked down six consecutive birdies (making eight birdies in all) to card a fantastic 8-under-par 64, matching the course record. Billy’s total of 20-under 268 was the lowest recorded 4 day tournament score at TPC Louisiana.
As we mentioned in our tournament recap, our fantasy picks are now up to $20.48 million dollars in total winnings year to date (16 tournaments), with a total of five winners picked (two in a row!) and an average of $1.28 million in winnings per week. Combine that with a 91% cuts made ratio and our Premium Members are well on their way to yet again, dominate their fantasy leagues! The question now is, can we make it three winners picked in a row? We think so!
- Television Broadcasts
- Thursday-Friday, 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET (Golf Channel).
- Saturday-Sunday, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (GC), 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (CBS)
- Radio Broadcasts
- Thursday- Sunday, noon – 6:00 p.m. ET (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).
- Mobile Broadcasts
- Simultaneous coverage on the Golf Live Extra mobile app by Golf Channel.
Our Top 5 (and Top 2 Sleeper) Fantasy Picks and Odds to Win The 2014 Zurich Classic
You must be a Premium Member to view our exclusive fantasy golf picks.
Already a member? Sign in Here.
Last Week’s Results: Top 5 Picks/Odds to Win the 2014 RBC Heritage
- Jordan Spieth(Golficity Odds 14/1): T12 ($112,200)
- Matt Kuchar (Golficity Odds 18/1): WINNER ($1,044,000)
- Jim Furyk (Golficity Odds 25/1): T7 ($187,050)
- Luke Donald (Golficity Odds 28/1): 2nd ($626,400)
- Kevin Stadler (Golficity Odds 38/1): T38 ($23,300)
Last Week’s Results: Sleeper Picks/Odds to Win the 2014 RBC Heritage
- Charlie Hoffman (Golficity Odds 50/1): T38 ($23,300)
- Graeme McDowell (Golficity Odds 50/1): T23 ($55,680)
Fantasy Golf Predictions Stats: Season to Date
- Total Fantasy Dollars: $20,485,765 (Average tournament winnings of $1,280,360).
- Winners picked: 5 winners selected out of 16 tournaments (31.25% winners picked in 2014).
- Top 10s: 43 out of 112 players picked (38.39% of players picked finished in Top 10).
- Top 3s: 14 out of 112 players picked (12.50% players picked finished in the Top 3).
- Missed Cuts: Only 11 out of 112 players (90.178% of the picks made the cut in 2014).
- Major Winners Picked: 1 out of 1 (100%)
What are your fantasy picks and predictions for this week’s 2014 Zurich Classic at TPC Louisiana? Let us know by leaving your comments below.