For someone who plays golf as often and as well as Bubba Watson, you would expect golf to be his number one priority and dream profession. But as Watson expressed this week, he has another love that may trump golf.
Watson took some questions in preparation for the Genesis Open this week and was asked a lot about the L.A. lifestyle. Los Angeles has been good to Bubba over the years, especially Riviera, where he’s won three separate times. But Watson doesn’t just like the Tinseltown for the golf, he also loves the acting industry.
It’s not surprising to learn that Bubba is interested in acting, as he has one of the best personalities on the PGA TOUR, which has been a large part in building his fan base. But Bubba has done more than just dream, he’s actually hung out with some actors and producers to learn more about the industry. This week, he actually spent time with Chuck Lorre and his team operating the Big Bang Theory series.
Bubba Watson laughs while waiting to hit on the eighth hole tee box during the third round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale on February 2, 2019 in Scottsdale, Arizona. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
“It’s something I’ve always dreamed of, so when I come here and learn, you’re talking about learning,” Watson said. “It’s not like I’m a kid in a candy store. I’m learning, I’m talking to the producers. I’m talking to the writers, interacting with them. Last night, we sat there for a few hours listening, watching them rewrite things and do things. The executives at Warner Brothers—I’m just learning. I love learning about business. So when I come here, golf is second or third on the list.”
That has to be a gut punch to players who have lost to Watson, especially at Riviera, to know that golf isn’t even close to his top priority when he’s in L.A. But this isn’t the first time Watson has said that he would leave golf behind for something better. He also said the same thing about the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game, but to this point, Bubba is still looking for that invite.
Honestly, this all seems like Bubba messing with the media but his interest in Hollywood does seem real. So maybe when he hangs up his clubs, we could be seeing Bubba in a new starring role on the silver screen.
Cover Image Via Instagram
- Thomas Pieters Posted a “For Sale” Sign On His Golf Bag - March 22, 2019
- ACE: Former President George W. Bush Cards his First Hole in One - March 21, 2019
- Jon Rahm Suffered from a Monumental Back Nine Collapse at THE PLAYERS - March 18, 2019
- A Confusing Interaction With a Walking Official Cost Harold Varner III Two Strokes - March 18, 2019
- BREAKING: College Admissions Scandal Hits Golf World - March 15, 2019
- This TPC Sawgrass 17th Hole Prank is Absolutely Savage - March 13, 2019
- Apparently Donald Trump Won a Golf Tournament He Never Played In - March 11, 2019
- Iconic Golf Writer Dan Jenkins Passes Away at 89 - March 10, 2019
- ANOTHER CHANCE: Tony Romo Is Back On The PGA TOUR - March 8, 2019
- RORY MCILROY: Top World Golfer and a History Buff? - March 7, 2019