According to Darren Rovell’s Twitter, another golf pro named Tom Fleetwood ‘accidentally’ received European Tour pro Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Championship winnings; and it was over $150,000!
The Tom Fleetwood who doesn’t play on the Tour told his freind Greg Thorner that somehow the wire came in and he took a screenshot to save the memory.
Looks pretty legit to me.
Golf pro also named Tom Fleetwood tells friend, @GregThornerGolf, that he somehow got wired Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Championship winnings. Friend doesn’t believe him. Screenshot of bank account. pic.twitter.com/nQxSJXsmKl
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) August 8, 2018
It is said that the European Tour made a “clerical” error, according to Tommy’s wife and manager. Fleetwood’s wife said in an email, “apparently the payments were made manually, not on automated system and there are two TF’s somehow?”
Careful all you Justin Thomas’ out there, you may find some extra change in your bank account…
- Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Earnings Sent to … a Different Tom Fleetwood? - August 8, 2018
- Our Virtual Open Round at Ballyowen Golf Course (VLOG) - July 26, 2018
- The U.S. Open Pairings Are Out and They’re Ridiculous - June 7, 2018
- Tiger Rolling up to the US Open in a Yacht is the Ultimate Power Move - June 6, 2018
- Piers and Andy from Me and My Golf Just Fixed My Slice - May 10, 2018
- Tuesday Social Media Roundup from The Masters - April 3, 2018
- This Augusta Lawn Mower Ballet is Oddly Mesmerizing - April 1, 2018
- Our Experience Playing in a Pro-Am at the Arnold Palmer Invitational - March 26, 2018
- How Tiger Woods Jumped 563 Spots in the World Rankings in 2018 - March 19, 2018
- Road to the Bay Hill Pro-Am: 6 Days to Go (Player Pairing Rankings) - March 8, 2018