According to Darren Rovell’s Twitter, another golf pro named Tom Fleetwood ‘accidentally’ received European Tour pro Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Championship winnings; and it was over $150,000!
The Tom Fleetwood who doesn’t play on the Tour told his freind Greg Thorner that somehow the wire came in and he took a screenshot to save the memory.
Looks pretty legit to me.
Golf pro also named Tom Fleetwood tells friend, @GregThornerGolf, that he somehow got wired Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Championship winnings. Friend doesn’t believe him. Screenshot of bank account. pic.twitter.com/nQxSJXsmKl
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) August 8, 2018
It is said that the European Tour made a “clerical” error, according to Tommy’s wife and manager. Fleetwood’s wife said in an email, “apparently the payments were made manually, not on automated system and there are two TF’s somehow?”
Careful all you Justin Thomas’ out there, you may find some extra change in your bank account…
- Equipment OVERLOAD: Our Experience at 2019 PGA Demo Day - February 6, 2019
- PGA TOUR: Fowler Up & Downs From the Cart Path to Save Par - February 3, 2019
- Justin Rose Claims World No. 1 with First PGA Start Using Honma - January 27, 2019
- BREAKING: Justin Rose Ditches Adidas and Signs with Bonobos Clothing - January 3, 2019
- 2019 Masters Dinner Menu: Reed Plans to “Fatten Them Up” - January 3, 2019
- WITB 2018: The Golf Podcast Co-Host Mike Fasano - November 27, 2018
- Golfer’s Dream Backyard Renovation – My Home Putting Green Build - November 5, 2018
- WOW: Imagine Playing Golf with This Guy - October 11, 2018
- COURSE VLOG: I Met Some Instagram Friends at Ferry Point - October 9, 2018
- The Celebs Come Out to Celebrate Tiger’s Comeback Win - October 7, 2018