According to Darren Rovell’s Twitter, another golf pro named Tom Fleetwood ‘accidentally’ received European Tour pro Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Championship winnings; and it was over $150,000!
The Tom Fleetwood who doesn’t play on the Tour told his freind Greg Thorner that somehow the wire came in and he took a screenshot to save the memory.
Looks pretty legit to me.
Golf pro also named Tom Fleetwood tells friend, @GregThornerGolf, that he somehow got wired Tommy Fleetwood’s Open Championship winnings. Friend doesn’t believe him. Screenshot of bank account. pic.twitter.com/nQxSJXsmKl
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) August 8, 2018
It is said that the European Tour made a “clerical” error, according to Tommy’s wife and manager. Fleetwood’s wife said in an email, “apparently the payments were made manually, not on automated system and there are two TF’s somehow?”
Careful all you Justin Thomas’ out there, you may find some extra change in your bank account…
- WOW: Imagine Playing Golf with This Guy - October 11, 2018
- COURSE VLOG: I Met Some Instagram Friends at Ferry Point - October 9, 2018
- The Celebs Come Out to Celebrate Tiger’s Comeback Win - October 7, 2018
- WASTED: Justin Rose Seen Barely Able to Stand Drinking from Ryder Cup - October 4, 2018
- Koepka and Johnson Get into Brawl After Ryder Cup Defeat - October 2, 2018
- Our Action-Packed Golf Trip to Crystal Springs Resort - September 27, 2018
- This Tiger Woods Comeback Video Will Give You Goosebumps - September 25, 2018
- Tiger Plans to Party Like a Rockstar in Paris - September 23, 2018
- Is this the Woman Who Shook Up Paulina Gretzky And Dustin Johnson? - September 11, 2018
- Justin Rose is the New Number One Golfer in the World - September 10, 2018