After all the questions and speculation, Tiger Woods made the switch and used the TaylorMade Ardmore 3 mallet putter in the first round. Despite the putter change Woods was only able to manage a round of even par. He is currently T48 and seven shots behind the leaders.
Tiger Woods lines up a putt on the third green during the first round of the Quicken Loans National at TPC Potomac on June 28, 2018 in Potomac, Maryland. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
“I shot about the score that I should have shot today,” said Woods. “I didn’t really have anything going through the middle part of the round. I was just hanging in there.” He did not have a birdie until the 14th hole and could not find a rhythm.
He only hit the fairway half the time. “I hit some poor tee shots and didn’t really give myself a chance,” said Woods.
Tiger Woods hits off the eighth tee during the first round of the Quicken Loans National at TPC Potomac on June 28, 2018 in Potomac, Maryland. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
After his first competitive round with the new putter Woods said, “I rolled it well today. I hit a lot of good puts early that didn’t go in,” said Woods. He also said that he misread a couple greens on the back nine, “but overall I hit a lot of good putts.”
Woods remained hopeful to turn things around in the second round. “Most of the good scores are shot in the morning. Hopefully I can go out there and do it myself.”
Cover Image via Instagram
- Brooks Koepka Triumphs as Tiger Woods Falls Short - August 13, 2018
- Emotional Win for Thomas at Firestone - August 6, 2018
- Kim Dominates at John Deere and Punches Ticket to Carnoustie - July 16, 2018
- Molinari Makes History at Quicken Loans National - July 2, 2018
- Disappointing Start for Woods at Quicken Loans National - June 29, 2018
- Tiger Looking to Make a Change with his Putter - June 28, 2018
- Travelers Championship Setup for a Sunday Shootout - June 24, 2018
- Spieth and Johnson Share the Lead at the Travelers - June 22, 2018
- Brooks Koepka Wins Back-To-Back US Opens - June 18, 2018
- Dustin Johnson Pulls Away heading into the Weekend at Shinnecock - June 16, 2018