Yesterday, Callaway introduced the next generation of Big Bertha irons and hybrids, which will available for pre-order at the end of this month and in retail stores in January of 2019.
The new iteration builds off the 2016 OS irons release and will add what they call a “suspended energy core.” That core is made up of a metal injected molded tungsten weight that’s encased in the urethane microsphere material inside the irons.
And for those of you who know their iron technology, yes, it’s the same technology inside the Rogue irons.
The new technology is meant to increase feel and sound at impact while also improving launch and overall distance.
The new Big Bertha’s are meant for those of us with a high-handicap that could use a little help, while not having to sacrifice everything we love in irons: launch, trajectory, distance, and the all-important, forgiveness.
The new Big Bertha hybrids have also incorporated previously released technology into the clubs. You might be familiar with Callaway’s Jailbreak Technology. Along with Jailbreak, the hybrids also feature their proprietary Hyper Speed Face Cup design that allows for more ball speed across a larger area of the face.
Finally, for the first time ever, the new Big Bertha hybrids come with an adjustable hosel that will allow for customized launch angles and spin rates.
- Abraham Ancer Just Became Miura Golf’s First Ever Ambassador - February 21, 2019
- The USGA and R&A Driving Distance Report is Still Shortsighted - February 7, 2019
- McEwen Reviews It: In-Depth Demo Day Experience - February 2, 2019
- UA and Jordan Spieth Collaborate to Create the Spieth 3 - January 29, 2019
- Lexi Thompson Joins Short Par 4 as Brand Ambassador - January 29, 2019
- TaylorMade Releases New Spider X Putters with True Path Alignment - January 29, 2019
- Does Looking at Your Target Actually Hurt Your Accuracy? - January 18, 2019
- Titleist Releases Blacked-Out Version of AP3 and AP2 Irons - January 17, 2019
- Miura Announces Release of New CB-301 Cavity Back Irons - January 16, 2019
- Srixon Introduces the All-New Z-STAR Series of Golf Balls - January 14, 2019