Yesterday, Callaway introduced the next generation of Big Bertha irons and hybrids, which will available for pre-order at the end of this month and in retail stores in January of 2019.
The new iteration builds off the 2016 OS irons release and will add what they call a “suspended energy core.” That core is made up of a metal injected molded tungsten weight that’s encased in the urethane microsphere material inside the irons.
And for those of you who know their iron technology, yes, it’s the same technology inside the Rogue irons.
The new technology is meant to increase feel and sound at impact while also improving launch and overall distance.
The new Big Bertha’s are meant for those of us with a high-handicap that could use a little help, while not having to sacrifice everything we love in irons: launch, trajectory, distance, and the all-important, forgiveness.
The new Big Bertha hybrids have also incorporated previously released technology into the clubs. You might be familiar with Callaway’s Jailbreak Technology. Along with Jailbreak, the hybrids also feature their proprietary Hyper Speed Face Cup design that allows for more ball speed across a larger area of the face.
Finally, for the first time ever, the new Big Bertha hybrids come with an adjustable hosel that will allow for customized launch angles and spin rates.
- FIRST LOOK: Callaway’s Line of Big Bertha Irons and Hybrids - November 14, 2018
- Is the Wosports W600 Rangefinder Too Good to Be True? - November 6, 2018
- #McEwenReviewsIt: When Golf Meets Baseball? - October 23, 2018
- Is the GolfLogix App with Putt Breaks Any Good? - October 10, 2018
- The European Ryder Cup Hype Video Says It All - October 3, 2018
- Team Reed Goes Scorched Earth, Post-Ryder Cup - October 1, 2018
- Tiger, Cheating, and Trump: The Anonymous PGA TOUR Pro Survey is Out - September 13, 2018
- Bridgestone Golf Releases Next Generation of JGR Line - September 12, 2018
- Can a Different Putter Shaft Improve Your Putting? - September 5, 2018
- Phil Mickelson Joins Twitter and Everyone Loves It - August 23, 2018