When used correctly, your hips are a tremendous source of power in the golf swing. Sadly, most amateur golfers fail to use their hips at all in the swing. Without the help of the hips, it is nearly impossible to generate a powerful, effective golf swing.
In this episode of The Golf Podcast hosts Frank & Mike will discuss a few drills, methods, and swing thoughts they’ve used to help create a more accurate and powerful golf swing by employing a greater hip turn.
In this Show You Will Learn:
- Why a proper hip turn is “all about the timing.”
- How to create the right separation between your upper and lower body.
- Why it’s so important to “finish your turn.”
- Plus much more.
Listen to This Week’s Show
- Download on iTunes here
- Download on Stitcher here
- Download on Spreaker here
- Download on SoundCloud here.
Links from This Week’s Show:
This Week’s Show Sponsors:
- USGA: You may know the USGA mostly for its championships. BUT…did you know the USGA is working to modernize golf’s rules by making them easier to understand and apply? Discover more at USGA.org.
- Health IQ: The Golf Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people get special life insurance rates. Go to healthiq.com/golf to support the show and learn more.
Thanks for tuning to The Golf Podcast!