At the age of 48 Phil Mickelson is more than twice the age of PGA TOUR rookie Cameron Champ, and yet Lefty is still out there absolutely bombing the ball this year.
It may be hard to believe but Phil currently sits at 21st in total driving distance on the PGA TOUR with an average drive of 307.0 yards (that’s only 9.1 yards behind Champ, who is 2nd in driving distance!).
So what’s his secret? How does one of the oldest guys on Tour continue to hang with the young guns who seem to be grabbing all the driving distance headlines?
Luckily for us, Lefty has been kind enough to share some of his best tips on Instagram, and this little move is turning into some great results for Phil:
Cover Image via Flickr
- Putting Affirmations with the PuttOUT Putting Mirror - March 19, 2019
- 75 Year Old Butch Harmon Says He’s “Done on Tour” - March 19, 2019
- Trick Shot Tuesday: Garrett Clark Goes Up, Over, and Through - March 12, 2019
- Is this Phil Mickelson’s Secret to More Distance this Year? - March 11, 2019
- A Round with Menery, Kearney, and Golfholics - February 26, 2019
- Shot Scope Showdown at Hawk’s Landing Golf Club - February 19, 2019
- Night Golf with Peter Finch, Golfholics, and Seb Carmichael-Brown - January 31, 2019
- Bob Menery’s Super Bowl LIII Prediction - January 30, 2019
- Utah Amateur Aces Two Par 3s in Just Four Holes - January 15, 2019
- Everyone is Starting to Test the Flagstick In or Out Theory - January 11, 2019