Ever since Tiger Woods returned to the PGA TOUR, fans have been impressed with his play and are hoping that this Tiger lasts without a regression. And one famous fan is especially wishing for Tiger’s comeback to last.
Tiger’s former girlfriend Lindsey Vonn was recently asked to weigh in on Tiger’s comeback. The Olympic star dated Tiger for a little over two years back before Tiger’s recent health and legal troubles and the two were a happy couple for the most part. Vonn even went as far as to say that she was in love with Woods and that the two are still friends, which evidently is why she’s hoping that Tiger succeeds.
Describing her relationship with Tiger in a recent interview, Vonn said, “I mean. . . I was in love. I loved him and we’re still friends. Sometimes, I wish he would have listened to me a little more, but he’s very stubborn and he likes to go his own way. I hope this latest comeback sticks. I hope he goes back to winning tournaments.”
Tiger Woods of the United States walks with his girlfriend Lindsey Vonn, son Charlie and daughter Sam during the par 3 contest prior to the start of the 2015 Masters Tournament at Augusta National… Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
The two were quite a power couple back in the day, with both being such big athletes in the prime of their careers. One problem with them was social media, however, as Tiger drew a lot of press attention for his off the course antics, often involving Vonn as a bystander. The worst of this media attention Woods and Vonn received was actually this past year when private photos of the two were leaked onto the internet.
As for Tiger’s performance on the course, Vonn’s hopes that Tiger succeeds seem to be coming true. In his one tournament since his return, Tiger finished the Hero Challenge in a competitive position, and even led the tournament at one point. Now, Tiger is even reported to be striking the ball so well that the velocity of the ball off of his club would have ranked in the top three on the PGA TOUR last season.
For how sour most relationships end up going, especially with celebrities, it is refreshing to see Vonn wish Tiger well. Hopefully, she and all golf fans will get their wish and Tiger will be competitive for the long haul.
Cover Photo via Instagram
- Steph Curry Could Drop a New Line of Golf Gear In 2019 - December 11, 2018
- The PGA TOUR is Considering Adding a Draft For College Players - December 10, 2018
- Bubba Watson Doesn’t Want to Play in the 2019 President’s Cup - December 6, 2018
- Here are the Major Rule Changes You Should Know For 2019 - December 4, 2018
- Tiger Woods Narrowly Avoided a Two-Stroke Penalty At the Hero World Challenge - December 3, 2018
- Tiger Woods Just Made his First Ace In Two Decades - November 29, 2018
- SWING FIX: Tony Finau Working Hard On His Swing Before 2019 - November 28, 2018
- Eddie Pepperell Slammed “The Match” on Twitter and Got Some Pushback - November 23, 2018
- PGA TOUR, Vijay Singh Settle Lawsuit Over Deer Antler Spray - November 22, 2018
- NEW GAME: Michigan Business Combining Golf and Poker - November 20, 2018