Ever since Tiger Woods returned to the PGA TOUR, fans have been impressed with his play and are hoping that this Tiger lasts without a regression. And one famous fan is especially wishing for Tiger’s comeback to last.
Tiger’s former girlfriend Lindsey Vonn was recently asked to weigh in on Tiger’s comeback. The Olympic star dated Tiger for a little over two years back before Tiger’s recent health and legal troubles and the two were a happy couple for the most part. Vonn even went as far as to say that she was in love with Woods and that the two are still friends, which evidently is why she’s hoping that Tiger succeeds.
Describing her relationship with Tiger in a recent interview, Vonn said, “I mean. . . I was in love. I loved him and we’re still friends. Sometimes, I wish he would have listened to me a little more, but he’s very stubborn and he likes to go his own way. I hope this latest comeback sticks. I hope he goes back to winning tournaments.”
Tiger Woods of the United States walks with his girlfriend Lindsey Vonn, son Charlie and daughter Sam during the par 3 contest prior to the start of the 2015 Masters Tournament at Augusta National… Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
The two were quite a power couple back in the day, with both being such big athletes in the prime of their careers. One problem with them was social media, however, as Tiger drew a lot of press attention for his off the course antics, often involving Vonn as a bystander. The worst of this media attention Woods and Vonn received was actually this past year when private photos of the two were leaked onto the internet.
As for Tiger’s performance on the course, Vonn’s hopes that Tiger succeeds seem to be coming true. In his one tournament since his return, Tiger finished the Hero Challenge in a competitive position, and even led the tournament at one point. Now, Tiger is even reported to be striking the ball so well that the velocity of the ball off of his club would have ranked in the top three on the PGA TOUR last season.
For how sour most relationships end up going, especially with celebrities, it is refreshing to see Vonn wish Tiger well. Hopefully, she and all golf fans will get their wish and Tiger will be competitive for the long haul.
Cover Photo via Instagram
- Tony Romo Anxious but Ready for His PGA TOUR Debut - March 21, 2018
- 12-Year-Old from Jesup Georgia Sinks an Epic Albatross - March 20, 2018
- Even More Record Breaking TV Ratings at the Arnold Palmer Invitational - March 20, 2018
- John Daly Ranks Four Presidential Golfers He’s Played With - March 16, 2018
- Tyrell Hatton is Claiming that Phil Mickelson Gets Special Treatment - March 16, 2018
- Rickie Fowler Will Be Wearing Special Shoes to Honor Arnie at Bay Hill - March 14, 2018
- The Tiger Effect is Leading to Some Huge TV Ratings - March 14, 2018
- USGA and the R&A Announce Modern Golf Rules - March 13, 2018
- The Setup at DLF Golf and Country Club is Jaw Dropping - March 8, 2018
- Arnold Palmer’s Patented Orange Tractor is Heading South for the API - March 7, 2018