Srixon has announced the release of their next generation Z-Star series of golf balls available February 1st.
The new ball is the sixth generation of the Z-Star series and it features several new pieces of technology.
Beginning with the new FastLayer Core. It starts soft in the center and gradually becomes firmer around the edges. The core design is meant to produce greater ball speed, while still maintaining feel of the ball at impact.
The new balls are also built with a new cover Srixon is calling Spin Skin technology with Slide-Ring Material (SeRM). No other ball manufacturer has implemented this type of technology into their golf balls.
Spin Skin with SeRM is a urethane compound that coats the cover of every Z-Star. It’s purpose is to be able to take unprecedented levels of shearing force without breaking its molecular bonds. In english, that means the ball is able to really dig deep into your wedges and iron grooves, dramatically increasing friction and maximizing spin for more control and stopping power on every shot.
At the same time, the Z-Star is still a four-piece ball with a dimple pattern that offers less drag and more lift to continuing helping with distance off the tee and with your approach shots.
- The USGA and R&A Driving Distance Report is Still Shortsighted - February 7, 2019
- McEwen Reviews It: In-Depth Demo Day Experience - February 2, 2019
- UA and Jordan Spieth Collaborate to Create the Spieth 3 - January 29, 2019
- Lexi Thompson Joins Short Par 4 as Brand Ambassador - January 29, 2019
- TaylorMade Releases New Spider X Putters with True Path Alignment - January 29, 2019
- Does Looking at Your Target Actually Hurt Your Accuracy? - January 18, 2019
- Titleist Releases Blacked-Out Version of AP3 and AP2 Irons - January 17, 2019
- Miura Announces Release of New CB-301 Cavity Back Irons - January 16, 2019
- Srixon Introduces the All-New Z-STAR Series of Golf Balls - January 14, 2019
- Scotty Cameron is Adding Two New Putters to the Select Line - January 14, 2019