It’s only Tuesday of U.S. Open week and social media is already lighting up with examples of how challenging the rough and fescue areas will be at Shinnecock this week.
Granted, the fairways at Shinnecock Hills have been widened since 2004, averaging 41 yards wide, which should provide plenty of breathing room for the world’s best golfers.
But the U.S. Open is designed to be a test of a golfer’s complete game, and a test it certainly will be.
One errant shot and you’ll find yourself lost in a sea of green.
And wow is that fescue gnarly. Just watch it gobble this one up…
Combine this with some lightning quick greens and you can guarantee no one is walking out of Shinnecock unscathed this year!
Cover Image via Instagram
- Course Vlog: Pound Ridge GC 10th Anniversary - June 18, 2018
- The Rough Will be Brutal at Shinnecock This Week - June 12, 2018
- Our Look Inside the Titleist Ball Plant - May 30, 2018
- Our Epic Titleist Full Bag Fitting Experience - May 19, 2018
- Frank vs. Mike – Par 3 Challenge - May 6, 2018
- Callaway Epic vs Rogue Showdown – Which is Better for Your Game? - April 14, 2018
- Course Vlog at Grand Cypress with the New Titleist Tour Soft - March 27, 2018
- Justin Thomas Shot from the Hazard at the WGC Match Play Was Literally Unbelievable - March 22, 2018
- 3 Reasons Why a Tiger Win is Coming Sooner Rather Than Later - March 18, 2018
- This Might Be the Only Thing That Can Stop Justin Thomas Right Now - March 7, 2018