It’s only Tuesday of U.S. Open week and social media is already lighting up with examples of how challenging the rough and fescue areas will be at Shinnecock this week.
Granted, the fairways at Shinnecock Hills have been widened since 2004, averaging 41 yards wide, which should provide plenty of breathing room for the world’s best golfers.
But the U.S. Open is designed to be a test of a golfer’s complete game, and a test it certainly will be.
One errant shot and you’ll find yourself lost in a sea of green.
And wow is that fescue gnarly. Just watch it gobble this one up…
Combine this with some lightning quick greens and you can guarantee no one is walking out of Shinnecock unscathed this year!
Cover Image via Instagram
- It Took Rory McIlory Just Two Shots to Reach this 667 Yard Par 5 - August 7, 2018
- Course Vlog – Ridgewood Country Club - August 3, 2018
- Recreating the Famous “Phil was Here” Shot - August 2, 2018
- Golficity Announces New Collaboration with 18Birdies - July 11, 2018
- Josh Kelley Just Laid Down the Most Insane Trick Shot of the Year - July 9, 2018
- Phil Mickelson’s Impromptu Chipping Lesson is Exactly What Your Short Game Needs - July 9, 2018
- Our Massive Titleist Unboxing - June 25, 2018
- Course Vlog: Pound Ridge GC 10th Anniversary - June 18, 2018
- The Rough Will be Brutal at Shinnecock This Week - June 12, 2018
- Our Look Inside the Titleist Ball Plant - May 30, 2018