It’s only Tuesday of U.S. Open week and social media is already lighting up with examples of how challenging the rough and fescue areas will be at Shinnecock this week.
Granted, the fairways at Shinnecock Hills have been widened since 2004, averaging 41 yards wide, which should provide plenty of breathing room for the world’s best golfers.
But the U.S. Open is designed to be a test of a golfer’s complete game, and a test it certainly will be.
One errant shot and you’ll find yourself lost in a sea of green.
And wow is that fescue gnarly. Just watch it gobble this one up…
Combine this with some lightning quick greens and you can guarantee no one is walking out of Shinnecock unscathed this year!
Cover Image via Instagram
- Justin Thomas’ Season Goals List Includes Some More Incredible Achievements - October 4, 2018
- Shot Scope V2 Smart GPS + Shot Tracking Giveaway - October 2, 2018
- Our Playing Lesson Experience at Sleepy Hollow Country Club - September 20, 2018
- Titleist TS2 / TS3 Driver Fitting and Giveaway - September 14, 2018
- Taking on Ridgewood’s Infamous Five & Dime Hole - August 21, 2018
- Interview with Erik Anders Lang - August 18, 2018
- It Took Rory McIlory Just Two Shots to Reach this 667 Yard Par 5 - August 7, 2018
- Course Vlog – Ridgewood Country Club - August 3, 2018
- Recreating the Famous “Phil was Here” Shot - August 2, 2018
- Golficity Announces New Collaboration with 18Birdies - July 11, 2018