It’s only Tuesday of U.S. Open week and social media is already lighting up with examples of how challenging the rough and fescue areas will be at Shinnecock this week.
Granted, the fairways at Shinnecock Hills have been widened since 2004, averaging 41 yards wide, which should provide plenty of breathing room for the world’s best golfers.
But the U.S. Open is designed to be a test of a golfer’s complete game, and a test it certainly will be.
One errant shot and you’ll find yourself lost in a sea of green.
And wow is that fescue gnarly. Just watch it gobble this one up…
Combine this with some lightning quick greens and you can guarantee no one is walking out of Shinnecock unscathed this year!
Cover Image via Instagram
- Golf Club Thief Caught on Tape Gets Full Dukes of Hazzard Treatment - December 13, 2018
- A Q-School Hopeful Had His Clubs Stolen and Still Shot a 63 to Make the Web.com Tour - December 12, 2018
- A Small Plane Crash Landed on the 9th Hole at Paramus Golf Course - December 10, 2018
- New TaylorMade M5 and M6 Pictures Leaked on Instagram - December 7, 2018
- My 2018 WITB Rundown - December 5, 2018
- Watch this Guy Get Up and Down from an Iceburg - November 28, 2018
- Turner Sports Offering Refunds for “The Match” After Live Stream Errors - November 26, 2018
- Our Ultra Hi-Tech Golf Lesson Experience - November 20, 2018
- Vessel Golf Bag Unboxing and Giveaway - November 13, 2018
- Chilly Fall Golf Vlog from Black Bear Golf Club - October 23, 2018