Everyone was hyped about the Tiger vs. Phil match that was announced a few months ago until we found out that it was going to be a pay-per-view event…
That’s right, the only way that most of us will get to watch this event is coughing up $19.99 to watch from the comfort of our own homes because tickets are not being sold to the general public.
But if you do decide to fork over some of your hard earned cash, you’ll be rewarded with some very special content. You see, Tiger and Phil are going to be mic’d up during the match, in addition to the possibility of some of your favorite scramble side bets (e.g., closest to the pin and longest drive) being made mid-round.
That said, regardless whether you decide to spend the $20 to watch it live or just wait for the ESPN highlights the day after, HBO has rewarded us with something to help pass the time until kickoff: a dedicated 24/7 Series for the Tiger vs. Phil match up:
The series will debut on November 13. And if the trailer doesn’t get you running to your DVR to record this, perhaps the description will help set you over the edge:
“The behind-the-scenes show chronicles Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, two of the sport’s most accomplished competitors who combined have captured 19 Major Championships, as they prepare to go head-to-head at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas on Friday, November 23, at 3 PM ET / 12 PM PT.
24/7 The Match: Tiger vs. Phil will go inside the ropes before their showdown to provide an all-encompassing look at the careers of these two superstars and their long-anticipated road to this head-to-head competition. For years, Tiger and Phil have been the biggest attractions in professional golf and flirted with the idea of a high-stakes, winner-takes-all event. With both golf legends in the PGA Tour Rankings top-25, The Match will finally settle the score.”
Will you be dropping $19.99 to watch the #TigervsPhil PPV match next month?
— Golficity (@Golficity) October 30, 2018
- Charles Howell III Wins RSM Classic with New Titleist Gear - November 19, 2018
- Do Your Short Game a Favor with the RTX-4s - November 10, 2018
- Tiger vs. Phil Gets HBO 24/7 Series - October 30, 2018
- Stand Out and Be Different with Waggle Golf Apparel - October 29, 2018
- Yes, Please – Nike Unveils the New Jordan Trainer ST G “Blue” - October 24, 2018
- HUGE Win for PGA TOUR Caddies - October 19, 2018
- The Gold Standard for Rangefinders: Nikon’s COOLSHOT PRO STABILIZED - September 27, 2018
- Titleist “Changes the Script” with the TS Metalwoods - September 6, 2018
- Stance Socks: Performance and Style For Your Feet - September 5, 2018
- PuttOUT Golf: The Ultimate Putting Training Aid - August 28, 2018