It has been a rough year for the former no. 1 golfer in the world but it seems like things are beginning to look up for Tiger Woods. He announced via Twitter that his design company will make a big announcement on Tuesday, and rumor has it that they will announce that he will be designing a new course.
I’ve always wanted to design a public course, and I’m very happy that my TGR Design company will make a big announcement next week. -TW
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) April 12, 2017
While he hasn’t been able to flash the dominant talent that he has displayed in the past, Tiger is still one of the most strategic golfers to ever step on the course and the idea of playing on a course he designs is enticing. According to reports, the course that Woods is set to design will be a public, 18 hole project.
As for the location of where this course could be designed, many believe that it will be built in Ridgeland, Missouri. A large portion of the area that Woods would have to design his course is expected to take away from much of the Murder Rock Golf Club that John Daly owns. Adding to this speculation is the fact that Woods and Michael Jordan have been seen flying into the nearby Branson area recently.
If this is indeed where Woods will be designing his course, he will have good company surrounding him. The course would be situated between Tom Fazio’s Buffalo Ridge Course and Gary Player’s new 13-hole Par 3 course. Further, there is another course under construction that is being designed by Coore and Crenshaw Design that is set to open in the area.
Adding a course designed by Woods would bring a sort of “golf mecca” to the Ridgeland area, something that Brass Pro Shops CEO Johnny Morris has eluded to in the past. “One of the goals with all this is to have the courses complement each other and create enough critical mass of excitement, for this to be known as a golf destination,” Morris said.
— the fried egg (@the_fried_egg) April 13, 2017
If the rumors of this course development is true, excitement is exactly what would be coming to this area for golf fans. Only time will tell if this is the announcement Woods will make, and we will all be anxiously waiting for the final call on Tuesday.
Cover Image via Flickr
- J.P. Fitzgerald’s Tough Love Saved Rory McIlroy’s Round - July 20, 2017
- BBC Secures Rights to Broadcast PGA Championship - July 20, 2017
- Justin Thomas to Wear Silk Tie and Cardigan at Open Championship - July 18, 2017
- Steph Curry Shines Ahead of Ellie Mae Classic - July 17, 2017
- Lightning Strikes Golf Course Leaving Strange Pattern in the Fairway - July 15, 2017
- Sky Sports Loses Rights to Stream PGA Championship - July 14, 2017
- Golf Ball Recovery Diver Attacked by Alligator - July 12, 2017
- Are Scott McCarron and Bernhard Langer Breaking the Rules? - July 11, 2017
- Greenbrier Classic Champion Xander Schauffele Has an Interesting Backstory - July 10, 2017
- Tiger Woods Completes Intensive Rehab - July 7, 2017