News headlines of planes crash landing on golf courses always turn a few heads, but this most recent accident happened right in our back yard.
The incident that happened on Sunday occurred just a few hundred yards from where we shot our Ridgewood vlog this past summer, so needless to say, the news caught our attention.
NEW: small plane makes an emergency landing on the ninth hole of the Paramus Golf Course. Three of the four people on board said to be treated for minor injuries.
Updates to come. pic.twitter.com/4AaUXNYx0N
— Nick Meidanis (@NickMeidanis) December 9, 2018
— Boyd A Loving (@boydaloving) December 9, 2018
The images may look pretty sensational, but the good news is that no one was killed in the crash.
Initial reports coming from the scene on Sunday indicated that two adults and one child sustained minor injuries and that everyone is expected to make a full recovery.
The plane had taken off from Lincoln Park Airport and was headed to Poughkeepsie, New York when it experienced engine trouble shortly after takeoff, forcing the crash landing at Paramus GC.
According to witnesses, there were golfers on the course when the crash happened shortly after noon on Sunday, but luckily no one on the ground was injured.
All around, a pretty fortunate outcome for what could have been a tragic incident.Follow @frankfasanojr
Cover Image via Twitter
- Putting Affirmations with the PuttOUT Putting Mirror - March 19, 2019
- 75 Year Old Butch Harmon Says He’s “Done on Tour” - March 19, 2019
- Trick Shot Tuesday: Garrett Clark Goes Up, Over, and Through - March 12, 2019
- Is this Phil Mickelson’s Secret to More Distance this Year? - March 11, 2019
- A Round with Menery, Kearney, and Golfholics - February 26, 2019
- Shot Scope Showdown at Hawk’s Landing Golf Club - February 19, 2019
- Night Golf with Peter Finch, Golfholics, and Seb Carmichael-Brown - January 31, 2019
- Bob Menery’s Super Bowl LIII Prediction - January 30, 2019
- Utah Amateur Aces Two Par 3s in Just Four Holes - January 15, 2019
- Everyone is Starting to Test the Flagstick In or Out Theory - January 11, 2019