If you waited literally your entire life for your first hole-in-one, would you walk you away from the game once it finally happened?
Ben, who suffers from hip bursitis, used his trusty five-wood on the par-3.
“I’d come close to some hole-in-ones, but this one was level on the green before it curved towards the hole and went in,” Bender said. “I was in awe watching it. I played a few more holes, but my hips were hurting and I had to stop. It seemed the Lord knew this was my last round so he gave me a hole-in-one.”
According to course manager, Steve Galloway, the round wasn’t exactly going very well until Bender got to the third hole.
“He shot 8 on 1 and 7 on 2 so you guessed it, a hole-in-one on 3,” he said. “What an amazing feat.”
But as we all know, all it takes is one shot to make a round one to remember.
“I was lucky to play golf this long, but I never expected (a hole-in-one),” Ben said. “It was the last time I was able to play, and I think God had a hand in this. I loved the game and hate to give it up, but I can’t play forever.”
I think we can all agree there’s no better way to walk away from the game we love.
Congratulations, Mr. Bender. Well deserved and a long time coming.
Cover Image via Zanesville Times Recorder
- Titleist Releases Blacked-Out Version of AP3 and AP2 Irons - January 17, 2019
- Miura Announces Release of New CB-301 Cavity Back Irons - January 16, 2019
- Srixon Introduces the All-New Z-STAR Series of Golf Balls - January 14, 2019
- Scotty Cameron is Adding Two New Putters to the Select Line - January 14, 2019
- ON TOUR: PGA to Experiment With On-Course Interviews - January 2, 2019
- Tiger vs Phil: The Match Part Two (Hopefully) With A Few Changes - December 26, 2018
- FIRST LOOK: Callaway’s Line of Big Bertha Irons and Hybrids - November 14, 2018
- Is the Wosports W600 Rangefinder Too Good to Be True? - November 6, 2018
- #McEwenReviewsIt: When Golf Meets Baseball? - October 23, 2018
- Is the GolfLogix App with Putt Breaks Any Good? - October 10, 2018