The stakes were high at this week’s Ryder Cup and the nerves for all players were palpable but that doesn’t mean that the players still can’t enjoy a good laugh. That’s exactly what Conor Moore is bringing to the event this week.
If you’re not sure who Moore is, he’s a comedian and impressionist that has caught the eye of golf fans for his impressions of the world’s best golfers. He jumped into the spotlight when he released a video before The Masters that had spot-on impressions of Sergio Garcia, Dustin Johnson, and Bubba Watson. Now, he’s taking his fame and his talents to the Ryder Cup.
GOLF WEEK*** US Masters – Heres what Sergio, Rory, Poults and Co are saying!! pic.twitter.com/ar7Atb1qwy
— Conor Moore (@ConorSketches) April 2, 2018
Among some of Moore’s biggest fans is the European Team’s captain Thomas Bjorn. Bjorn even gathered his entire team this week for what they thought would be an inspirational video to hype them up for the competition. Instead, it was a video of Moore roasting every member of the European squad, from the players all the way to the captains.
While it wasn’t the inspirational video that the Europeans were expecting, it definitely helped quell their nerves for a little bit and let them laugh about it. “I think Fran’s has made me giggle for about 10 hours now,” Tommy Fleetwood said Wednesday morning. “He was just trying to make out how excited [Molinari] was with his deadpan tone. It was perfect, really.”
A speech so nice, it had to be done twice. Something about @IanJamesPoulter's #RyderCup pep talk sounds familiar… @ConorSketches with a look at #TeamEurope's prep for Day 1. pic.twitter.com/nLdBrOJ4Rj
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) September 27, 2018
It’s important to note that the Irishman isn’t a natural when it comes to these impressions. Sometimes Moore will spend days and weeks watching interviews of players to pick up their tone and mannerisms before coming out with his impression. And his craft goes further than just PGA TOUR pros. Moore also does a few Premier League players as well as a pretty good Conor McGregor impression.
We’ll leave you with this one…
View this post on Instagram
Cover Image via Instagram
- Could the PGA TOUR Realistically Create a “Winter Major?” - January 17, 2019
- Internet Sensation Ho-Sung Choi is Making his PGA TOUR Debut At Pebble Beach - January 16, 2019
- Ted Potter Jr’s Four-Putt Cost Him a Whopping $68,000 Payday - January 15, 2019
- Jason Dufner Inked a New Sponsorship Deal with DUDE Products - January 13, 2019
- RYDER CUP: Harrington Named 2020 European Team Captain - January 11, 2019
- Steph Curry’s Event Scratched From PGA TOUR Schedule - January 9, 2019
- Ian Poulter Came Up with a Creative Way of Remedying his PGA TOUR Violation - January 8, 2019
- Cody Blick Actually Got His Stolen Clubs Back - January 7, 2019
- PGA TOUR Pro Kyle Thompson is Quitting the Game For A “Real Job” - January 4, 2019
- Thomas Bjorn Lived Up To Promise by Getting a Ryder Cup Tattoo - December 28, 2018