The stakes were high at this week’s Ryder Cup and the nerves for all players were palpable but that doesn’t mean that the players still can’t enjoy a good laugh. That’s exactly what Conor Moore is bringing to the event this week.
If you’re not sure who Moore is, he’s a comedian and impressionist that has caught the eye of golf fans for his impressions of the world’s best golfers. He jumped into the spotlight when he released a video before The Masters that had spot-on impressions of Sergio Garcia, Dustin Johnson, and Bubba Watson. Now, he’s taking his fame and his talents to the Ryder Cup.
GOLF WEEK*** US Masters – Heres what Sergio, Rory, Poults and Co are saying!! pic.twitter.com/ar7Atb1qwy
— Conor Moore (@ConorSketches) April 2, 2018
Among some of Moore’s biggest fans is the European Team’s captain Thomas Bjorn. Bjorn even gathered his entire team this week for what they thought would be an inspirational video to hype them up for the competition. Instead, it was a video of Moore roasting every member of the European squad, from the players all the way to the captains.
While it wasn’t the inspirational video that the Europeans were expecting, it definitely helped quell their nerves for a little bit and let them laugh about it. “I think Fran’s has made me giggle for about 10 hours now,” Tommy Fleetwood said Wednesday morning. “He was just trying to make out how excited [Molinari] was with his deadpan tone. It was perfect, really.”
A speech so nice, it had to be done twice. Something about @IanJamesPoulter's #RyderCup pep talk sounds familiar… @ConorSketches with a look at #TeamEurope's prep for Day 1. pic.twitter.com/nLdBrOJ4Rj
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) September 27, 2018
It’s important to note that the Irishman isn’t a natural when it comes to these impressions. Sometimes Moore will spend days and weeks watching interviews of players to pick up their tone and mannerisms before coming out with his impression. And his craft goes further than just PGA TOUR pros. Moore also does a few Premier League players as well as a pretty good Conor McGregor impression.
We’ll leave you with this one…
View this post on Instagram
Cover Image via Instagram
- The USGA Hired its First Ever Senior Director Of Player Relations - March 24, 2019
- Thomas Pieters Posted a “For Sale” Sign On His Golf Bag - March 22, 2019
- ACE: Former President George W. Bush Cards his First Hole in One - March 21, 2019
- Jon Rahm Suffered from a Monumental Back Nine Collapse at THE PLAYERS - March 18, 2019
- A Confusing Interaction With a Walking Official Cost Harold Varner III Two Strokes - March 18, 2019
- BREAKING: College Admissions Scandal Hits Golf World - March 15, 2019
- This TPC Sawgrass 17th Hole Prank is Absolutely Savage - March 13, 2019
- Apparently Donald Trump Won a Golf Tournament He Never Played In - March 11, 2019
- Iconic Golf Writer Dan Jenkins Passes Away at 89 - March 10, 2019
- ANOTHER CHANCE: Tony Romo Is Back On The PGA TOUR - March 8, 2019