We all have that one person that drives around our neighborhoods collecting the trash out of our yards on garbage night. But one guy was caught red-handed by a PGA Pro.
Kyle Thompson is a five-time winner on the Web.com Tour and, as you can imagine, has a lot of golf gear that he doesn’t need. Since he was getting rid of some old stuff, he decided to throw away some of his old bags. But when he did, he heard a car pull up to his house and decided to film exactly what happened next.
Driving by and seeing the bags on the curb, one man decided to stop, pull out, and grab all three of them. He even tried to be stealthy about it, jumping out of his truck, leaving his door open, and hustling over to throw all three into the back hoping not to leave a trace. But Thompson caught the whole thing on film for the public to enjoy.
That isn’t where the story ends, however. One would think that the man was grabbing them to use on the course or to give to his children or friends. Well, quite the opposite happened. Thompson decided to do some research to see if the bags would pop up anywhere and they did, on Craigslist! The man is now selling two of the bags for $175 a pop!
Thompson added the link to his Instagram and laughed it off, saying that the user is known as “Cowboy” is about to make some nice cash on the Srixon bags. Perhaps Thompson could have sold them himself or donated them to a cause but now Cowboy is going to get that luxury. I’m not sure he’s going to get that asking price since Thompson isn’t THAT big of a player but this was a nice little excursion for the mystery man.
This just goes to show that the old saying of one man’s trash is another man’s treasure is absolutely true. So if you live in the area of a pro player, maybe you’ll want to take a look at their garbage a little closer in the future.
Cover Image Via Instagram
- The USGA Hired its First Ever Senior Director Of Player Relations - March 24, 2019
- Thomas Pieters Posted a “For Sale” Sign On His Golf Bag - March 22, 2019
- ACE: Former President George W. Bush Cards his First Hole in One - March 21, 2019
- Jon Rahm Suffered from a Monumental Back Nine Collapse at THE PLAYERS - March 18, 2019
- A Confusing Interaction With a Walking Official Cost Harold Varner III Two Strokes - March 18, 2019
- BREAKING: College Admissions Scandal Hits Golf World - March 15, 2019
- This TPC Sawgrass 17th Hole Prank is Absolutely Savage - March 13, 2019
- Apparently Donald Trump Won a Golf Tournament He Never Played In - March 11, 2019
- Iconic Golf Writer Dan Jenkins Passes Away at 89 - March 10, 2019
- ANOTHER CHANCE: Tony Romo Is Back On The PGA TOUR - March 8, 2019