The defending Open Champion and beneficiary of Michael Fasano’s magic touch, or “the juice” as Francisco Molinari once called it, has signed a full bag and ball deal with Callaway golf.
— Michael Fasano (@MikeFas4) March 5, 2019
In a press release this morning, Callaway and Molinari announced the partnership.
“I am joining Callaway because I’m so impressed by their equipment,” said Molinari. “More than anything, I’m looking forward to playing the new Epic Flash Driver and the Chrome Soft X Golf Ball. The ball speed gains that I’m getting from the driver are unbelievable. And this golf ball is the best one that I’ve ever played. The performance from tee-to-green, especially the feel and control, is exactly what I want.”
This week, Molinari will make his Callaway tournament debut at the Arnold Palmer Invitational on the PGA Tour. Along with the Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver and Chrome Soft X ball, he will also be playing an Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairway Wood, the Apex MB 18 Irons, Mack Daddy 4 Wedges, and an Odyssey Toulon Madison Putter with a new Stroke Lab Shaft.
“Francesco is a tremendous putter, and he really likes the milled performance he’s seeing from the Madison,” said Sean Toulon, SVP, Callaway Golf & GM, Odyssey Brand. “And with the Stroke Lab Shaft he’s getting more consistency in the rhythm and the tempo of his stroke. It’s a combination that’s going to help him have a lot of success and make of a lot of big putts.”
The move coincides with the one-year anniversary of the magical round Mike Fasano and Molinari shared together at the Arnold Palmer Invitational Pro-Am. They would reunite later the same season in which Molinari told Mike “you gave me the juice” when discussing his multiple wins during the year, including the Quickens Loan National, the BMW PGA Championship, and his first Major at The Open.
- Ben Hogan is Back in the Putter Game - March 18, 2019
- Tommy Armour Announces New ATOMIC Clubs - March 11, 2019
- EQUIPMENT: Miura Golf Releases New K-Grind 2.0 Wedge - March 7, 2019
- Golf Podcast Co-Host Mike Fasano’s ‘Best Friend’ Molinari Signs With Callaway - March 5, 2019
- McEwen Reviews It: The 2019 Chicago Golf Show - March 3, 2019
- Abraham Ancer Just Became Miura Golf’s First Ever Ambassador - February 21, 2019
- The USGA and R&A Driving Distance Report is Still Shortsighted - February 7, 2019
- McEwen Reviews It: In-Depth Demo Day Experience - February 2, 2019
- UA and Jordan Spieth Collaborate to Create the Spieth 3 - January 29, 2019
- Lexi Thompson Joins Short Par 4 as Brand Ambassador - January 29, 2019