The mallet craze on the PGA Tour has added yet another.
Jordan Spieth, who has been using a Scotty Cameron blade putter, literally the exact same putter, since high school, is giving the mallet a shot at this week’s Byron Nelson.
— Evan Singleton (@EvGuyBoston) May 18, 2017
For those that have been paying attention, it’s no secret that Spieth has been struggling on the greens this year. A year ago, he was second on the PGA Tour in Strokes Gained: Putting, but in 2017 he’s fallen to 39th in the same category.
He’s also missed two cuts out of the last four tournaments he’s played in and has only one top 10 finish since his win at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2017
And while it may be easy for Jordan to blame the putter, that isn’t the only club not performing these days. He’s also 116th in driving accuracy off the tee. The only thing saving him these days is his iron play, which is 2nd in Strokes Gaines: Approach-The-Green.
That being said, it’s kind of nice to see Jordan is just like us when it comes to the blame game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve blamed my putter during a round. (Spoiler: Every Time).
Cover Image Via Twitter
- Brittany Horschel Reminds Us Athletes are People, Too. - May 23, 2017
- Jordan Spieth Changes Putters - May 18, 2017
- TecTecTec VPRO500S Rangefinder Review – Big Performance, Tiny Price - May 16, 2017
- Brandel Chamblee is a Moron: Part 137 - May 15, 2017
- The 60-Day Tathata Golf Training Program: Let the Journey Begin - May 12, 2017
- Walk Through the Changes at TPC Sawgrass - May 9, 2017
- Rory McIlroy Officially Signs with Taylormade - May 9, 2017
- Tony Romo is Trying to Play in the 2017 U.S. Open - May 3, 2017
- Ping Purchases Nike Equipment Patents - April 26, 2017
- WATCH: Web.com Tour Player Bounces Ball OUT of Hole - April 21, 2017