The mallet craze on the PGA Tour has added yet another.
Jordan Spieth, who has been using a Scotty Cameron blade putter, literally the exact same putter, since high school, is giving the mallet a shot at this week’s Byron Nelson.
— Ev Singleton (@EvGuyBoston) May 18, 2017
For those that have been paying attention, it’s no secret that Spieth has been struggling on the greens this year. A year ago, he was second on the PGA Tour in Strokes Gained: Putting, but in 2017 he’s fallen to 39th in the same category.
He’s also missed two cuts out of the last four tournaments he’s played in and has only one top 10 finish since his win at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2017
And while it may be easy for Jordan to blame the putter, that isn’t the only club not performing these days. He’s also 116th in driving accuracy off the tee. The only thing saving him these days is his iron play, which is 2nd in Strokes Gaines: Approach-The-Green.
That being said, it’s kind of nice to see Jordan is just like us when it comes to the blame game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve blamed my putter during a round. (Spoiler: Every Time).
Cover Image Via Twitter
- Precision Pro NX7 Rangefinders Stand-Up to the Big Boys - June 22, 2018
- TPT Golf is Revolutionizing the Golf Shaft - June 12, 2018
- Asher Golf Brings Style to Your Glove Game - May 22, 2018
- Feel Good Friday: A Hole-in-One For the Ages - May 18, 2018
- Bridgestone Golf Launches the TOUR B ADF All-In-One Set - May 7, 2018
- FIRST LOOK: Ben Hogan Releases Ft. Worth BLACK Irons - May 2, 2018
- Don’t Tell Me to Tuck My Shirt In - May 1, 2018
- Meet Swannies: Cool Gear, Great People, and Awesome Parties - April 16, 2018
- JCR, Inc. Designs Bags With the Golfer in Mind - April 10, 2018
- The Masters Tee Times and Pairings Are Out! - April 3, 2018