The mallet craze on the PGA Tour has added yet another.
Jordan Spieth, who has been using a Scotty Cameron blade putter, literally the exact same putter, since high school, is giving the mallet a shot at this week’s Byron Nelson.
— Evan Singleton (@EvGuyBoston) May 18, 2017
For those that have been paying attention, it’s no secret that Spieth has been struggling on the greens this year. A year ago, he was second on the PGA Tour in Strokes Gained: Putting, but in 2017 he’s fallen to 39th in the same category.
He’s also missed two cuts out of the last four tournaments he’s played in and has only one top 10 finish since his win at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2017
And while it may be easy for Jordan to blame the putter, that isn’t the only club not performing these days. He’s also 116th in driving accuracy off the tee. The only thing saving him these days is his iron play, which is 2nd in Strokes Gaines: Approach-The-Green.
That being said, it’s kind of nice to see Jordan is just like us when it comes to the blame game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve blamed my putter during a round. (Spoiler: Every Time).
Cover Image Via Twitter
- Meet Swannies: Cool Gear, Great People, and Awesome Parties - April 16, 2018
- JCR, Inc. Designs Bags With the Golfer in Mind - April 10, 2018
- The Masters Tee Times and Pairings Are Out! - April 3, 2018
- FIRST LOOK: Lamkin Releases Three New Grips - March 28, 2018
- FIRST LOOK: Lamkin Crossline 1150 Grip - March 2, 2018
- It’s Time We Prepare for the Next “Tiger Wave” - March 2, 2018
- Woods Shoots Even Par at Windy PGA National - February 22, 2018
- Got $35,000 and Love The Masters? - February 21, 2018
- The DTouch Golf Vest is Hot (Literally) - February 13, 2018
- Will Tiger Make a Stop in Tampa This Year? - February 9, 2018