The mallet craze on the PGA Tour has added yet another.
Jordan Spieth, who has been using a Scotty Cameron blade putter, literally the exact same putter, since high school, is giving the mallet a shot at this week’s Byron Nelson.
— Evan Singleton (@EvGuyBoston) May 18, 2017
For those that have been paying attention, it’s no secret that Spieth has been struggling on the greens this year. A year ago, he was second on the PGA Tour in Strokes Gained: Putting, but in 2017 he’s fallen to 39th in the same category.
He’s also missed two cuts out of the last four tournaments he’s played in and has only one top 10 finish since his win at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2017
And while it may be easy for Jordan to blame the putter, that isn’t the only club not performing these days. He’s also 116th in driving accuracy off the tee. The only thing saving him these days is his iron play, which is 2nd in Strokes Gaines: Approach-The-Green.
That being said, it’s kind of nice to see Jordan is just like us when it comes to the blame game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve blamed my putter during a round. (Spoiler: Every Time).
Cover Image Via Twitter
- The Best Golf Kickstarter Projects You Should Know About - November 17, 2017
- Check Out Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale’s Backyard - October 6, 2017
- Your PGA TOUR Player of the Year is Justin Thomas - October 4, 2017
- It’s Getting Cold, Time for Some Bermuda Sands Golf Apparel Fall Gear - October 3, 2017
- WATCH: Web.com Tour Pro Gets Robbed by a Leaf - September 25, 2017
- WATCH: Golfer’s Swing is About as Unique as They Come - September 14, 2017
- Jason Day Dumps Longtime Caddie Colin Swatton - September 13, 2017
- SelfieGolf Easily Solves Your Swing Video Problem - September 6, 2017
- WATCH: Long drive Contestant’s Driver Shaft Snaps, Flies into Stands - September 6, 2017
- Five Amazon Golf Products Our Readers are Loving Right Now - August 3, 2017