The mallet craze on the PGA Tour has added yet another.
Jordan Spieth, who has been using a Scotty Cameron blade putter, literally the exact same putter, since high school, is giving the mallet a shot at this week’s Byron Nelson.
— Evan Singleton (@EvGuyBoston) May 18, 2017
For those that have been paying attention, it’s no secret that Spieth has been struggling on the greens this year. A year ago, he was second on the PGA Tour in Strokes Gained: Putting, but in 2017 he’s fallen to 39th in the same category.
He’s also missed two cuts out of the last four tournaments he’s played in and has only one top 10 finish since his win at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2017
And while it may be easy for Jordan to blame the putter, that isn’t the only club not performing these days. He’s also 116th in driving accuracy off the tee. The only thing saving him these days is his iron play, which is 2nd in Strokes Gaines: Approach-The-Green.
That being said, it’s kind of nice to see Jordan is just like us when it comes to the blame game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve blamed my putter during a round. (Spoiler: Every Time).
Cover Image Via Twitter
- Shot Scope is Redefining Shot Tracking – A Hands-On Review - July 20, 2017
- Amazon Prime Day Deals Top Ten List for Golfers - July 11, 2017
- Ted Baker Golf Apparel Review - July 10, 2017
- Bones Trades in the Bag for a Microphone - July 6, 2017
- PGA TOUR to Begin Blood Testing, Reporting Drug Suspensions - June 21, 2017
- Padraig Harrington Injured by Amateur’s Practice Swing - June 6, 2017
- 2017 U.S. Open Update: Who’s In and Who’s Out - June 6, 2017
- Tathata Golf 60-Day Training Program: Chapter One Complete! - June 6, 2017
- Martin Kaymer Comes to Tiger Woods Defense Over Recent Criticism - June 2, 2017
- Brittany Horschel Reminds Us Athletes are People, Too. - May 23, 2017