The year of the young golfer is continuing, as another young stud came out on top this weekend at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am. This young phenom is one that we all know, however, as OWGR No. 6 Jordan Spieth captured the ninth victory of his career.
While it may seem like Spieth has been around forever because of his dominant play, he is still only 23 years old. And by notching his ninth victory in only his 100th career tournament, Spieth became the fastest player to win so many tournaments since Tiger Woods.
🏆 John Deere
🏆 The Masters
🏆 U.S. Open
🏆 John Deere
🏆 TOUR Champ
🏆 Tournament of Champions
🏆 DEAN & DELUCA
🏆 Pebble Beach pic.twitter.com/LPfiPq5rG5
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) February 12, 2017
Spieth really didn’t have to worry much of the final round as it seemed as though he had the tournament in hand before he even took the tee. This turned out to be true because Spieth walked to the 18th green with a four-shot lead and nothing left to do but claim his trophy. Jordan closed his tournament with a two-under, 70.
This was a big victory for Spieth and he was happy to take some time to bask in the moment. ‘ ‘I remember walking up 18 today thinking to myself, ‘I don’t think that I’ve enjoyed the wins as much as I’ve talked to myself about the losses,”’ Spieth said after the win. ”I don’t think I’ve really enjoyed on the inside how much it takes to win out here and the hard work that goes into winning.”
As mentioned earlier, Spieth has capped off several victories by players that are still in their 20s. Specifically, Spieth was the seventh 20-year-old to notch a victory on the Tour this year but the only difference is that Spieth has only one fewer win than the other six combined.
With this win, Spieth looks to be hitting his stride and will look to carry his momentum into The Masters, where he will look to win his second green jacket.
Cover Image via Instagram
- Little Known PGA TOUR Veteran Chad Collins Shoots 60 at Barbasol - July 22, 2017
- J.P. Fitzgerald’s Tough Love Saved Rory McIlroy’s Round - July 20, 2017
- BBC Secures Rights to Broadcast PGA Championship - July 20, 2017
- Justin Thomas to Wear Silk Tie and Cardigan at Open Championship - July 18, 2017
- Steph Curry Shines Ahead of Ellie Mae Classic - July 17, 2017
- Lightning Strikes Golf Course Leaving Strange Pattern in the Fairway - July 15, 2017
- Sky Sports Loses Rights to Stream PGA Championship - July 14, 2017
- Golf Ball Recovery Diver Attacked by Alligator - July 12, 2017
- Are Scott McCarron and Bernhard Langer Breaking the Rules? - July 11, 2017
- Greenbrier Classic Champion Xander Schauffele Has an Interesting Backstory - July 10, 2017