Apparently the “Bash Brothers” literally came to blows according to sources in Paris. After the defeat, the U.S. team was invited into the European team room when the two major winners had to be physically separated from each other.
Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka of the United States walk during the afternoon foursome matches of the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National on September 29, 2018 in Paris, France. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
One source noted that Brooks threatened DJ directly, saying “I’ll flatten you.”
At this point there are no other insights about how the fight started, or what the two were fighting over, but the same sources say DJ’s fiancee, Paulina Gretzky, was reported to have been close by when the alleged incident happened. Gretzky and Brook’s girlfriend Jenna Sims have always been close.
Brooks Koepka’s partner, Jena Sims, takes a selfie with Dustin Johnson’s partner, Paulina Gretzky, before the Ryder Cup gala dinner at the Palace of Versailles ahead of the 2018 Ryder Cup on… Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images
According to The Telegraph, one of the European players’ wives witnessed the alleged incident directly. The publication also said that “an insider” had reported that Paulina was “clearly shocked and upset by the nastiness, which was very threatening.”
Let’s hope these guys patch it together. All eyes will be on the U.S. Team titans come the Hero World Challenge and in Kapalua.
Cover Image Via Instagram
- BREAKING: Justin Rose Ditches Adidas and Signs with Bonobos Clothing - January 3, 2019
- 2019 Masters Dinner Menu: Reed Plans to “Fatten Them Up” - January 3, 2019
- WITB 2018: The Golf Podcast Co-Host Mike Fasano - November 27, 2018
- Golfer’s Dream Backyard Renovation – My Home Putting Green Build - November 5, 2018
- WOW: Imagine Playing Golf with This Guy - October 11, 2018
- COURSE VLOG: I Met Some Instagram Friends at Ferry Point - October 9, 2018
- The Celebs Come Out to Celebrate Tiger’s Comeback Win - October 7, 2018
- WASTED: Justin Rose Seen Barely Able to Stand Drinking from Ryder Cup - October 4, 2018
- Koepka and Johnson Get into Brawl After Ryder Cup Defeat - October 2, 2018
- Our Action-Packed Golf Trip to Crystal Springs Resort - September 27, 2018