Everybody knows Bob Vokey, the Master Craftsman behind Titleist’s Vokey Wedges. His Vokey Design wedges have helped win several major championships and are estimated to account for more than 40 percent of all sand, lob and approach wedges in play each week on the PGA Tour.
But not many people are familiar with Vokey WedgeWorks, which is Bob’s workshop. Essentially, WedgeWorks provides the recreational golfer with access to previously limited release Tour-issue heads, Tour unique grinds, Tour-Preferred finishes, and even limited edition wedges. But in contrast to some other premier clubs, golfers can start with new Vokey wedges and have them sent over to WedgeWorks for some customization (a custom ferrule, special stamping, laser engraving, etc.) before the clubs are shipped out.
Most recently, WedgeWorks has announced that it would retail a K Grind for the SM7 wedges that is uniquely designed to be played at the traditional sand wedge loft. Available in 54° and 56° lofts, the WedgeWorks K Grind will be the highest bounce Vokey wedge option at 16°. As a result, the WedgeWorks K Grind will feature increased bounce and enhanced camber, which is ideal for the golfer who uses their wedge as their primary short game weapon and bunker club. In fact, the K Grind is ideal for players who are looking for a balance in performance from square and open-face shots.
In addition, the K Grind also features more consistent distance control through progressive center of gravity and maximum spin through Vokey’s Spin Milled grooves (which are further complemented by a Parallel Face Texture for more consistent groove edges and tighter quality tolerances).
Bob Vokey commented on the K Grind and stated:
‘The K Grind is one of my favorites, and it has been a great lob wedge. But now we’re seeing a trend on tour of players using more 54° and 56° wedges greenside, where versatility is key. Wedges at this loft have to work incredibly well for full swing shots, particularly controlling trajectory, and this is why the measured bounce is 16°. But I’m particularly excited about the enhanced camber of this wedge. The camber allows the high measured bounce to be much more versatile from tight lies and greenside shots. We tightened the radius from the leading edge to the trailing edge, so what a golfer will see and feel is the club gliding through the turf and sand.’
Likewise, Vokey Wedge Tour Rep Aaron Dill noted that “[o]n Tour, we see more and more players discovering how well the sand wedge performs, leading to consistency of spin, trajectory, and better misses.”
Available models include:
- Right-Handed: Brushed Chrome and Oil Can in 54° and 56°
- Left-Handed: Brushed Chrome in 54° and 56°
The new Vokey WedgeWorks K Grind is available starting today on Vokey.com starting at $195, which is steal when you realize that the base price includes up to 10 character stamping (straight or freestyle), custom shaft band, and a BV Wing grip.
Cover Image Via Instagram
- Lynx Golf: Prowler VT, Forged CB, and Tour Blade Irons - June 20, 2018
- Vokey WedgeWorks Now Offers the K Grind - June 13, 2018
- SlideBelts – The Best Belt for Everywhere - June 12, 2018
- Try Before You Buy with Global Golf’s U-Try Program - June 6, 2018
- Arccos Keeps Leading the Way with Caddie 2.0 - June 5, 2018
- Preparing for My First Round of Tournament Golf - May 22, 2018
- Professional Golf & (Legal) Gambling - May 14, 2018
- OptiShot BallFlight – The Next Evolution in Home Simulators - May 4, 2018
- Snell MTB Red & Black: Tour Quality Without Tour Costs - May 2, 2018
- Give Love to the Little Brands - April 25, 2018