We’ve all come across some idiots on the golf course who look like they’ve never picked up a club in their lives. Well, that’s exactly what one PGA of America member ran into this past week.
While he was playing a hole that ran parallel to another, Rob Mulder came across a ridiculous sight. Looking down a hill from where he was playing, he noticed that the group in front of him was on the green with their cart sitting in the greenside bunker. Moulder said that the cart slid down the hill and into the bunker. What’s even crazier about this situation is the location that this happened at.
This wasn’t some random public course, this was at Olympic National. Yes, that Olympic National that has hosted five U.S. Opens and will host the PGA Championship in 2028 as well as the Ryder Cup in 2032. So how does such a bonehead move happen at one of the most prestigious courses in America? Well, that’s because the course is situated on a hill where the grass is usually pretty damp. So likely, the cart slid to a point where the brakes couldn’t even stop it.
— Rob Mulder (@RobMulderGolf) October 6, 2018
But why would the players just ignore the cart and finish out the hole? That has a pretty logical answer too. If you’ve ever gotten a cart stuck in a similar situation, you’ll know that it’s impossible to get it out of the bunker without help because the tires will just spin out in the sand. So regardless, the players would have had to wait for assistance anyway, so why not finish off their putts?
Golf carts are obviously not meant for sand unless of course, you modify it to be a sort of dune buggy, which I’m sure people have done in the past. The moral of the story is that you probably shouldn’t park your cart on a steep hill because it’s likely to slide. And even more, you certainly don’t do it in front of a sand bunker.
We don’t know what happened after the picture was taken and posted but we imagine there were some unhappy members of the Olympic Golf Club that had to get the cart out. I think it may be safe to say that those guys won’t be driving carts at Olympic any time soon.
Cover Image Via Twitter
- John Smoltz Bloodline Putter Has Everyone Talking - January 18, 2019
- Could the PGA TOUR Realistically Create a “Winter Major?” - January 17, 2019
- Internet Sensation Ho-Sung Choi is Making his PGA TOUR Debut At Pebble Beach - January 16, 2019
- Ted Potter Jr’s Four-Putt Cost Him a Whopping $68,000 Payday - January 15, 2019
- Jason Dufner Inked a New Sponsorship Deal with DUDE Products - January 13, 2019
- RYDER CUP: Harrington Named 2020 European Team Captain - January 11, 2019
- Steph Curry’s Event Scratched From PGA TOUR Schedule - January 9, 2019
- Ian Poulter Came Up with a Creative Way of Remedying his PGA TOUR Violation - January 8, 2019
- Cody Blick Actually Got His Stolen Clubs Back - January 7, 2019
- PGA TOUR Pro Kyle Thompson is Quitting the Game For A “Real Job” - January 4, 2019