We’ve all come across some idiots on the golf course who look like they’ve never picked up a club in their lives. Well, that’s exactly what one PGA of America member ran into this past week.
While he was playing a hole that ran parallel to another, Rob Mulder came across a ridiculous sight. Looking down a hill from where he was playing, he noticed that the group in front of him was on the green with their cart sitting in the greenside bunker. Moulder said that the cart slid down the hill and into the bunker. What’s even crazier about this situation is the location that this happened at.
This wasn’t some random public course, this was at Olympic National. Yes, that Olympic National that has hosted five U.S. Opens and will host the PGA Championship in 2028 as well as the Ryder Cup in 2032. So how does such a bonehead move happen at one of the most prestigious courses in America? Well, that’s because the course is situated on a hill where the grass is usually pretty damp. So likely, the cart slid to a point where the brakes couldn’t even stop it.
— Rob Mulder (@RobMulderGolf) October 6, 2018
But why would the players just ignore the cart and finish out the hole? That has a pretty logical answer too. If you’ve ever gotten a cart stuck in a similar situation, you’ll know that it’s impossible to get it out of the bunker without help because the tires will just spin out in the sand. So regardless, the players would have had to wait for assistance anyway, so why not finish off their putts?
Golf carts are obviously not meant for sand unless of course, you modify it to be a sort of dune buggy, which I’m sure people have done in the past. The moral of the story is that you probably shouldn’t park your cart on a steep hill because it’s likely to slide. And even more, you certainly don’t do it in front of a sand bunker.
We don’t know what happened after the picture was taken and posted but we imagine there were some unhappy members of the Olympic Golf Club that had to get the cart out. I think it may be safe to say that those guys won’t be driving carts at Olympic any time soon.
Cover Image Via Twitter
- The USGA Hired its First Ever Senior Director Of Player Relations - March 24, 2019
- Thomas Pieters Posted a “For Sale” Sign On His Golf Bag - March 22, 2019
- ACE: Former President George W. Bush Cards his First Hole in One - March 21, 2019
- Jon Rahm Suffered from a Monumental Back Nine Collapse at THE PLAYERS - March 18, 2019
- A Confusing Interaction With a Walking Official Cost Harold Varner III Two Strokes - March 18, 2019
- BREAKING: College Admissions Scandal Hits Golf World - March 15, 2019
- This TPC Sawgrass 17th Hole Prank is Absolutely Savage - March 13, 2019
- Apparently Donald Trump Won a Golf Tournament He Never Played In - March 11, 2019
- Iconic Golf Writer Dan Jenkins Passes Away at 89 - March 10, 2019
- ANOTHER CHANCE: Tony Romo Is Back On The PGA TOUR - March 8, 2019