If you are one that pays attention to the political process, you know that midterm elections will be coming up this year. And in the spirit of that, Billy Hurley III got a little political himself.
Hurley is one of two candidates that are running for the position of Chairman of the PGA Tour Player Advisory Council. Voting will be taking place among PGA TOUR pros until this upcoming Tuesday and Hurley is running against a name most fans know pretty well…Jordan Spieth.
In an attempt to get some late votes for the spot, Hurley has made a campaign ad against Spieth.
The ad runs just like a typical slam ad that a politician would run against their opponent. Some of the highlights include Hurley calling Spieth bossy, including the clip of Jordan telling his caddie to “go get that” during the final round of his 2017 Open Championship victory. The full ad is posted below and I highly suggest watching it all.
— Billy Hurley III (@BillyHurley3) February 12, 2018
The job that the two are running for is actually a pretty important position. The Chairman of the PGA Tour Player Advisory Council sits for a three year term and has the important job of communicating the needs of the Tour to PGA Chairman Jay Monahan, as well as the Board of Directors. Essentially, the position represents the voice of the players.
The position had previously been filled by Davis Love III, who is stepping away from the job this year. If you’re wondering how Hurley and Spieth were chosen to run for the position, they were chosen by the current directors of the PGA Tour Policy Board. It wasn’t just because they are great players, or the most popular among their peers.
Regardless of who wins this race, the position will be in good hands. But it is nice to see that the two golfers were able to have some good laughs about the situation.
Cover Image via Twitter
- Steph Curry Could Drop a New Line of Golf Gear In 2019 - December 11, 2018
- The PGA TOUR is Considering Adding a Draft For College Players - December 10, 2018
- Bubba Watson Doesn’t Want to Play in the 2019 President’s Cup - December 6, 2018
- Here are the Major Rule Changes You Should Know For 2019 - December 4, 2018
- Tiger Woods Narrowly Avoided a Two-Stroke Penalty At the Hero World Challenge - December 3, 2018
- Tiger Woods Just Made his First Ace In Two Decades - November 29, 2018
- SWING FIX: Tony Finau Working Hard On His Swing Before 2019 - November 28, 2018
- Eddie Pepperell Slammed “The Match” on Twitter and Got Some Pushback - November 23, 2018
- PGA TOUR, Vijay Singh Settle Lawsuit Over Deer Antler Spray - November 22, 2018
- NEW GAME: Michigan Business Combining Golf and Poker - November 20, 2018