Have you ever played night golf under the lights? Until last week I personally had not, but I was always interested in giving it a go.
To make a long story short, the opportunity to play 9 holes under the lights at Legends Walk in Orlando, Florida popped up while we were in in town for the 2019 PGA Show and naturally I jumped at the chance.
The whole thing kind of came together out of nowhere. Seb had just recently flown in from across the pond, while Peter, the Golfholics boys, and Mike and I were still flying high from our morning rounds at Bay Hill and Lake Nona.
What unfolded was everything golf is meant to be (in my opinion anyway). Just a couple of guys knocking it round, having some laughs, and enjoying the game.
As for playing under the lights…personally, I think it was awesome, and I highly recommend the experience. The greens and tee boxes were lit up nice and bright so we had no trouble finding/following our ball.
Personally, I don’t know why more golf courses (especially shorter Par 3 and executive courses) don’t offer night golf. Especially here in the Metro NY/NJ area where the golf season is abbreviated and there’s no shortage of guys looking for a tee time. I would love nothing more than the chance to play a late round or two after a day’s work.
I hope to see night golf catch on with more courses because it really does add another great dynamic to the game.
- Night Golf with Peter Finch, Golfholics, and Seb Carmichael-Brown - January 31, 2019
- Bob Menery’s Super Bowl LIII Prediction - January 30, 2019
- Utah Amateur Aces Two Par 3s in Just Four Holes - January 15, 2019
- Everyone is Starting to Test the Flagstick In or Out Theory - January 11, 2019
- A Cold Winter Golf Tune-Up Before Orlando - January 8, 2019
- Let’s Settle This: Augusta National vs Pine Valley - January 4, 2019
- No Surprise Tiger Woods Made the List of Richest Celebs in 2018 - December 19, 2018
- Golf Club Thief Caught on Tape Gets Full Dukes of Hazzard Treatment - December 13, 2018
- A Q-School Hopeful Had His Clubs Stolen and Still Shot a 63 to Make the Web.com Tour - December 12, 2018
- A Small Plane Crash Landed on the 9th Hole at Paramus Golf Course - December 10, 2018