Well this sounds like a nightmare…
Imagine you’ve fought and scraped your way through all the Q-School pressure to edge out a chance to make it on the Web.com Tour. Then, right before the final round, you’re entire set of clubs are STOLEN!
Well that’s exactly what happened to Cody Blick when he woke up Sunday morning to prepare for the final round, only to discover that his clubs were gone.
Naturally Cody tried everything he could to scramble and recover the clubs, even offering up a $5,000 “no questions asked” ransom to try and get the clubs back.
View this post on Instagram
But the thief never came forward and Cody had to piece together a set that included, “the Superintendent’s driver, pro shop’s wedges, random irons and a heavier than usual putter.”
Cody Blick (@codyblick) woke up this morning and realized his clubs had been stolen.
He proceeded to fire 63 with the Superintendent’s driver, pro shop’s wedges, random irons and a heavier than usual putter to earn guaranteed @WebDotComTour starts #Tourjectory pic.twitter.com/nhFOAveCs6
— Mackenzie Tour (@PGATOURCanada) December 9, 2018
And you might have thought that the combination of playing unfamiliar clubs and a the frustration of having your bag stolen would have rattled Cody, but nope! Blick came back strong Sunday, firing an impressive 63 and guaranteeing himself a spot on the Web.com Tour.
So bravo Cody for keeping your cool and powering through the adversity to secure your spot. We’ll all be rooting for you next season on the Web.com Tour.
Cover Image via Twitter
- Putting Affirmations with the PuttOUT Putting Mirror - March 19, 2019
- 75 Year Old Butch Harmon Says He’s “Done on Tour” - March 19, 2019
- Trick Shot Tuesday: Garrett Clark Goes Up, Over, and Through - March 12, 2019
- Is this Phil Mickelson’s Secret to More Distance this Year? - March 11, 2019
- A Round with Menery, Kearney, and Golfholics - February 26, 2019
- Shot Scope Showdown at Hawk’s Landing Golf Club - February 19, 2019
- Night Golf with Peter Finch, Golfholics, and Seb Carmichael-Brown - January 31, 2019
- Bob Menery’s Super Bowl LIII Prediction - January 30, 2019
- Utah Amateur Aces Two Par 3s in Just Four Holes - January 15, 2019
- Everyone is Starting to Test the Flagstick In or Out Theory - January 11, 2019