Recently, there has been a lot of talk of a former number one player in the world returning to professional golf soon. Today, the rumors were confirmed as the former top player in the world is returning to the links.
No, I’m not talking about Tiger Woods, I’m talking about Greg Norman. The Shark is a former number one player in the world and a multi-major champion in his own right and hasn’t been playing professionally for some years now. But he just announced that he will be making a one-time comeback appearance in professional golf this December.
Norman won’t be playing by himself either, as he as agreed to participate with his son, Greg Norman Jr., in the PNC Father-Son Challenge. The tournament will be played on December 13th, at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Orlando. It will be the first professional tournament that Norman has participated in since the British Open in 2012.
The most amusing part of this news comes from the way that Norman announced his return to the tee box. In typical Shark fashion, he released a video of him and his son on Instagram getting into golf shape. The video features the Norman’s doing typical exercise like sit-ups and jumping jacks but looking at the Shark, he looks like he’s already in great shape.
Norman has recently been busy with many business ventures since his unofficial retirement and even announced a few days ago that he had partnered with Verizon to launch a unique golf technology that will be unveiled sometime next month. Now that he’s back on the course, however, he will look to help his son defeat another former number one player, David Duvall, and his stepson, who are the defending champions.
While many wish the Shark would stay in professional golf for longer than this father-son event, it will be cool to see Norman take the tee in a tournament one more time.
Cover Image via Instagram
- Barbasol Championship Moving to Kentucky in 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Jim Furyk, Thomas Bjorn Recreate Arnold Palmer’s Famous Eiffel Tower Shot - October 17, 2017
- Tyrrell Hatton Celebrates Back to Back Victories at Burger King - October 16, 2017
- Of Course John Daly Has a Drink Called “Grip It and Sip It” - October 12, 2017
- Greg Norman Announces Return to Professional Golf - October 11, 2017
- Mini Golf Tournament Offering $20,000 Purse - October 10, 2017
- Silverado Resort Evacuated Hours after Safeway Open Ended - October 9, 2017
- John Daly Makes First PGA TOUR Cut Since 2015 - October 9, 2017
- Greg Norman and Verizon Set to Launch New Golf Technology - October 7, 2017
- Fresh Out of Jail O.J. Simpson is Back On the Golf Course - October 4, 2017