Recently, there has been a lot of talk of a former number one player in the world returning to professional golf soon. Today, the rumors were confirmed as the former top player in the world is returning to the links.
No, I’m not talking about Tiger Woods, I’m talking about Greg Norman. The Shark is a former number one player in the world and a multi-major champion in his own right and hasn’t been playing professionally for some years now. But he just announced that he will be making a one-time comeback appearance in professional golf this December.
Norman won’t be playing by himself either, as he as agreed to participate with his son, Greg Norman Jr., in the PNC Father-Son Challenge. The tournament will be played on December 13th, at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Orlando. It will be the first professional tournament that Norman has participated in since the British Open in 2012.
The most amusing part of this news comes from the way that Norman announced his return to the tee box. In typical Shark fashion, he released a video of him and his son on Instagram getting into golf shape. The video features the Norman’s doing typical exercise like sit-ups and jumping jacks but looking at the Shark, he looks like he’s already in great shape.
Norman has recently been busy with many business ventures since his unofficial retirement and even announced a few days ago that he had partnered with Verizon to launch a unique golf technology that will be unveiled sometime next month. Now that he’s back on the course, however, he will look to help his son defeat another former number one player, David Duvall, and his stepson, who are the defending champions.
While many wish the Shark would stay in professional golf for longer than this father-son event, it will be cool to see Norman take the tee in a tournament one more time.
Cover Image via Instagram
- Tiger Woods Doesn’t Care If He Intimidates You - July 16, 2018
- Steph Curry Has Rough Day in Celebrity Tournament - July 15, 2018
- Fortnite Just Became a Golf Game - July 13, 2018
- Steven Bowditch Hires 16-Year-Old Caddie On Twitter - July 12, 2018
- PGA TOUR Unveils 2018-19 Schedule, Here Are Changes You Should Know - July 11, 2018
- Tony Romo Obliterates Local Tournament with a Nine-Stroke Victory - July 10, 2018
- Tiger Woods Vs. Phil Mickelson: For $10 Million Dollars - July 6, 2018
- Rory McIlroy Fine if He Doesn’t Win Another Major - July 6, 2018
- Tom Brady Goes Nuts at Family Golf Outing - July 4, 2018
- Air France Lost Graeme McDowell’s Golf Clubs in Transit - July 2, 2018