If you struggle with consistency there’s a very good chance you don’t have a very good feel for the clubhead position throughout your golf swing.
So how do we fix this issue? First, we identify the problem, and very often it’s related to gripping the club too tightly.
In this episode of The Golf Podcast, hosts Frank and Mike discuss three simple drills you can do to start gaining a better feel for the weight of the clubhead. Follow these tips and you’ll develop a much better (and more balanced) feel over the ball.
In This Show You Will Learn:
- How loosening your grip will allow you to better “feel” the clubhead throughout your swing.
- Why it’s so important to have a good feel for clubhead positioning as you develop consistency in your golf game.
- How to use the “feet together” drill to check your swing balance.
- Plus much more.
Listen to This Week’s Show
- Download on iTunes here
- Download on Stitcher here
- Download on Spreaker here
- Download on SoundCloud here
- Listen on Spotify here
Links from this Week’s Show
- Article: Master the Fundamentals – Feel the Weight of the Clubhead
- Video: Feel the clubhead swing thought learned from Jack Nicklaus
- Video: Feel the clubhead (golf lesson)
- Golficity App: Download the Free Golficity App Here
- Golficity Virtual Open: Registration Details Here
Watch This Week’s Show on YouTube
Support this Week’s Sponsors
- Titleist is committed to ensuring that every golf ball delivers superior quality and consistency. From ball to ball, dozen to dozen we should expect our golf ball to perform exactly the same way, shot after shot. That’s why Titleist owns the design, the technology and the manufacturing to make sure consistency spot on every time. They even conduct all the testing and quality checks to make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Titleist is the #1 ball for every player and the #1 ball in golf. Choose the best for your game and find out more at Titleist.com.
- Peter Millar offers comfort, fit, quality, and style in menswear. Check out a few of our favorites by visiting PeterMillar.com/GOLF
Thanks for tuning to The Golf Podcast!